Products that have a cleaning effect and/or polishing function for the care of cars, buses, trucks, boats, ships, trains and other rail transport vehicles can be Nordic Swan Ecolabelled.
The requirements include:
- Environmental properties (ecotoxicity and biodegradability) of the chemicals used in the products.
- Health properties of the chemicals used in the products. For example, no use of CMR-classified substances and various particularly problematic substances such as SVHC substances and endocrine disruptors.
- Efficiency tests
- Limitation of the content of volatile organic compounds that can contribute to the formation of ground-level ozone
- Recyclable design of the packaging
- Increased use of sustainable renewable raw materials
What does it cost?
When you apply for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, you must pay a fee. Additionally, when you have a certification, you must pay an annual licence fee based on the turnover of the certified product or service.
Please visit our Nordic website to see the specific fees. You will find them at the bottom of the page for the relevant product group under the fees» tab. You can find all product groups here.