This product group includes dishwasher detergents and rinse aids for household machines. The rinse aid may be integrated into the product or it may be a separate product.
Dishwasher detergents for professional use cannot be labelled under these criteria. See the requirements for dishwasher detergents for professional use instead. Cleaning agents for dishwashers can also not be labelled under these criteria.
Nordic Swan Ecolabelled dishwasher detergents and rinse aids have to meet strict environmental and chemical criteria as well as criteria for efficiency. Moreover, packaging criteria must be met to ensure that it contributes to the circular economy.
The criteria include, amongst others:
- Environmental effects of chemicals, including criteria regarding biodegradability and aquatic toxicity.
- Health effects of chemicals, including complete ban on CMR classified substances and various specifically problematic substances such as identified and potential endocrine disruptors on up-to-date lists from EU and National authorities.
- No use of microplastics.
- Test of efficiency, for dishwasher detergents on low temperature (45ºC).
- Packaging design – and quantity and type of material used for the packaging.
- Documentation of the biodegradability of the water-soluble film, if used.
For calculations and for more information on chemicals, please use the DID list (available under downloads below).
How to apply
4 steps on how to get a Nordic Swan Ecolabel certification.
The application is to be submitted in the Nordic Ecolabelling Portal.
Want to know more about environmental certification with the Nordic Swan Ecolabel?
Contact us and we will help you: Bos@svanemerket.no
Please state which product you are considering eco-labeling with the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.
What does it cost?
When you apply for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, you must pay a fee. Additionally, when you have a certification, you must pay an annual licence fee based on the turnover of the certified product or service.
Please visit our Nordic website to see the specific fees. You will find them at the bottom of the page for the relevant product group under the fees» tab. You can find all product groups here.