The Nordic Swan Ecolabel focuses on capacity and durability of batteries to ensure long battery life thereby reducing the resource consumption. At the same time, batteries and portable chargers must meet recognized quality and safety standards.
The product group comprises both portable rechargeable batteries and portable chargers, power banks.
The requirements include:
- Threshold values for heavy metals in batteries.
- No use of PVC and a number of flame-retardants in plastic.
- CSR policy to ensure responsible use and sourcing of limited raw materials and “conflict free” minerals.
- Electrical-, safety- and quality testing of batteries/cells, portable- and battery chargers.
- Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries and cells must be fully charged when leaving the production site.
- Recyclable design of the portable charger.
What does it cost?
When you apply for the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, you must pay a fee. Additionally, when you have a certification, you must pay an annual usage fee based on the turnover of the certified product or service.
Please visit our Nordic website to see the specific fees. You will find them at the bottom of the page for the relevant product group under the fees» tab. You can find all product groups here.